NOTE: I have not used the name of the destination on this page, because I don’t want people to find out about the hike through searches. Please don’t tell a bunch of people about the hike – The numbers can easily get out of control.
Click here to check the weather forecast, or go to the HHS Outdoors Club website for updates as the date approaches.
Adult drivers needed . . . .
This is a fund-raising event for the Helena High Outdoors Club. Please contribute $10 if you are not a student at HHS. We may need rides for students, so if you are an adult that can help provide rides for a few students, that would be great! Let me know if you plan to go (tell me or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org), and then meet in the parking lot on the west side of Capital Hill Mall (old JC Pennies parking area) before 9 am on the day of the hike. NO DOGS! We will carpool from there. It is a 30-minute drive to the trail head. The hike is about 6 miles round-trip. This is a fairly difficult hike by most people’s standards – You need to be able to keep up with the group.
1. Let me know if you are going. If I don’t hear from you, I will assume that you are not going. Email is preferred. (email@example.com) . . . We typically get 20-40 people, so if you’re not into “large groups” this might not be for you.
2. Please contribute $10 per person (except for HHS students). I will purchase get a gift certificate for the manager of the ranch who grants permission to do the hike. The rest will go to the HHS Outdoors Club.
3. Have health insurance. You and/or your family are responsible for any medical bills you may incur as a result of injuries sustained on the hike.
4. Be prepared. Bring rain gear, a lunch, and water. Cameras and cell phones are also recommended. Be in shape – The hike is about like doing Mt. Helena 3 times in one day.
5. Be on time. Be in the parking lot on the west side of Capital Hill Mall by 9 am. We will car-pool to minimize the number of vehicles parked at the ranch.
6. No dogs.
7. Students not accompanied by a parent must bring the signed risk/medical release form (available from Benson).
8. If you are going to be in a hurry to get back, DO NOT participate! We will probably be back by 3 pm.
9. I do not share contact information for the land-owner I get permission from – Please don’t ask. I don’t want to create a situation where people are bothering him for access.