I have not used the name of the destination on this page, because I don’t want people to find out about the hike through Google searches, etc. If you want to bring a friend, that is fine, but please don’t tell a bunch of people about the hike – The numbers can easily get out of control.
This is a fund-raising event for the Helena High Outdoors Club. Please contribute $10 if you are not a student at HHS. We may need rides for students, so if you are an adult that can help provide rides for a few students, that would be great! Let me (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you plan to go, and then meet in the parking lot on the west side of Capital Hill Mall by 9 am on the day of the hike. We will carpool from there. It is a 30-minute drive to the trail head. The hike is about 6 miles round-trip. This is a fairly difficult hike by most people’s standards – About like hiking up and down Mt. Helena 2-3 times.
1. Let me know if you are going.
If I don’t hear from you, I will assume that you are not. Email is preferred. (email@example.com) We typically get 20-40 people, so if you’re not into “large groups” this might not be for you.
2. Please contribute $10 per person (except for HHS students).
I will purchase get a gift certificate for the manager of the ranch who grants permission to do the hike. The rest will go to the HHS Outdoors Club.
3. Have health insurance.
You and/or your family are responsible for any medical bills you may incur as a result of injuries sustained on the hike.
4. Be prepared.
Bring rain gear, a lunch, and water. Cameras and cell phones are also recommended. Be in shape – The hike is about like doing Mt. Helena 2-3 times in one day.
5. Be on time.
Be in the parking lot on the west side of Capital Hill Mall by 9 am. We will car-pool to minimize the number of vehicles parked at the ranch.
6. No dogs.
7. Students not accompanied by a parent must bring the signed risk/medical release form . . . A hand-written permission note is NOT acceptable. Students cannot go on the trip unless they bring this specific signed form with them.
8. If you are going to be in a hurry to get back, DO NOT participate!
We will probably be back by 3 pm.
9. I do not share contact information for the land-owner who I get permission from.
Please don’t ask. I don’t want to create a situation where people are bothering him for access.